Phase One Reopening
*UPDATED May 26, 2020*
Masses at All Saints Will Resume for Pentecost (May 30th and 31st):
Saturday at 4 pm (English) and 6 pm (Spanish)
Sunday at 8 am and 10 am (English), and Noon (Spanish)
Daily Masses will resume on Tuesday, May 26th at 12:10 pm (English) and 6 pm (Spanish). Please note the time change for Daily Mass in English: As we recover from the pandemic, Daily Mass in English will be celebrated at 12:10 p.m. in the main church. This will enable attendees to help clean the church following any funeral Masses.
On Monday, May 18th, Governor Baker allowed houses of worship to reopen. Praise God!
On Tuesday, May 19th, the Archdiocese of Boston shared very comprehensive guidelines on how churches should prepare to safely resume the celebration of public Mass. Here are some of the most important details to be familiar with as our All Saints Family prepares to resume the celebration of Holy Mass in the Church.
Please read over these guidelines carefully. Every person coming back to church needs to be attentive and respectful of these directives. They are very important for all of our safety. And as a Parish family, we all need to support each other.
God bless, Fr. Chris
THE TOP TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR MASS PARTICIPATION RIGHT NOW:
1. *CRITICAL IMPORTANCE* - Please do not come to church if you or someone in your household is feeling sick, especially with any symptoms of Covid-19, or has been exposed to someone who has the virus.
2. THE SUNDAY OBLIGATION IS STILL DISPENSED. Please pray with us at home if you or a member of your household are in an “at-risk” category.
3. WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES. This is an act of love to protect each other from possible asymptomatic spreading of the virus. Children under 2 should not wear a mask, and parents of children 2-5 years old should decide whether their child should wear a mask.
4. SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING: EVERY THIRD PEW IS AVAILABLE TO MAINTAIN 6-FOOT DISTANCING. To maximize space available, households of 4 or more are asked to sit front center.
5. FLOW OF FOOT TRAFFIC: ENTER VIA THE HANDICAP RAMP/BLAISDELL STREET ENTRANCE ONLY, EXIT VIA THE FRONT ENTRANCE ONLY. Ushers will be stationed at the Blaisdell Street entrance to count the number of parishioners entering the building and to assist with seating. At the end of Mass, ushers will dismiss one row at a time to exit via the front entrance.
6. NO CONGREGATIONAL SINGING: This will only remain in effect temporarily, until permission is given again. Then we will lift our voices to the Lord!
7. RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION: A.) TAKE YOUR TIME! Please allow others to maintain proper spacing in the communion line. B.) FOLLOW THE DIRECTIVES OF THE USHERS to help us maintain traffic flow and social distancing. C.) “MAKE A THRONE FOR THE KING” - Cardinal O’Malley is asking Communicants to receive only on the hand at this time.
HOW TO RECEIVE HOLY COMMUNION AT THIS TIME:
A) Extend your hands reverently.
B) Wait for Father to gently place the host into your hands.
C) Step off to the side with the host still in hand.
D) Remove your mask and consume the Eucharist.
E) Maintain social distancing on the return to the pew.
DO NOT MAKE HAND CONTACT WITH THE PRIEST OR EXTRAORDINARY MINISTER. If you do, Father or the EM will stop distributing communion and sanitize their hands before resuming the distribution of communion.
8. BULLETINS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WAY OUT OF MASS.
9. WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER COMING TO MASS. THERE WILL BE HAND SANITIZER AT ALL THE DOORS.
10. CONSIDER BECOMING AN USHER: We need 12 volunteers to help direct parishioners at each Mass. This is a critical role to help our brothers and sisters in Christ feel comfortable. If you are normally a Eucharistic Minister or Lector not scheduled to serve at a particular Mass (only 2 EMs and 1 Lector will be needed for each Mass), please consider volunteering as an Usher instead. Email [email protected] to sign up.
11. CONSIDER JOINING A CLEANING TEAM: We need lots of volunteers to sanitize the church after every Mass. Many hands make less work. Please consider chipping in! Email [email protected] to sign up.